Saturday, September 26, 2009

More surprises...

There is only one person in the world who's allowed to send me flowers at work. And that's my sister Nancy, who sends them on behalf of the family, especially from my nephews. I had fun on the slow, rainy ride home from work, with a huge 1-800-FLOWERS box mounted to my rear rack. A surreal moment came later at home, when I got my first "Aunt" card in the mail. I've been an aunt for almost 9 years now, but I still think of myself as a kid. I love those boys, they rock my world.

(I love how the sentiments in the card refers to me as "silly" and "way real when it counts". I hope they still think of me that way when they're in college...) Thanks for the bouquet of color Nancy, they're fun to come home to!

currently listening to: Sound Opinions on WBEZ Chicago Public Radio…!