Monday, May 4, 2009

Weekend Rush

Finally dropped off the bike frame and fork to the painter on Saturday. It'll be painted a beautiful olive green and back in my hands in 1 week! I can't wait. Unfortunately the rack has to stay silver— but I think it'll match the pedals nicely. Here's the before:

………

My friend Juliana works for David Stark, and flew in for the weekend to install the Target Pop Store she designed, housed in the Chicago Tribune building. I was more than happy and very fortunate to help install the show for 2 days. Too bad all the product placement and styling is going on during my work day. Today I was sitting in front of my computer, missing them and wishing I could be stacking boxes, arranging product, filling buckets with water for flowers… and all the physical labor involved in opening an event. I can't wait to see her designs come to life on Thursday when it opens up to the general public. Check it out if you can: Target Bazaar May 7-10, Chicago Tribune Building 10am - 8pm.

(photos from the initial setup)



………

And then there's always good fun and good food to be had when good friends are visiting…
(Magda Abakanovich's "Agora" sculpture and eats at Lao Sze Chuan)




currently listening to: The National